Monday, June 21, 2004

life is a rollercoaster

i've been moody today, but i think it's got more to do with what's happening at the time than me just swinging, so... yeah...

anyway... i've put this off so long that i barely remember what i was going to put in here... oh well, if i miss something, and realize it, i'll come back to it. otherwise, it's not important...


first, i guess... the big news. my family is going on vacation from tomorrow until friday... as of today. but i will be going to work, so i'll be home alone for three nights and four days (i'm not really coming home on friday, though, so i guess three nights and three days). i get to play grownup =]


hmm... other stuff... lightning bugs/fire flies =] i was on the phone in my room, with the lights off and the window open, and, there was this one in the tree outside my window that would light back at me when it saw my phone light. it was incredibly cute =]

also, i pulled one off the odyssey's window yesterday morning, and it didn't want to leave me. they normally fly away when they find the highest point, but this one... kept spinning in circles on the tip of my finger, probably looking for a higher point. it was kinda funny...

and then this morning, when i was leaving... one was on the window again. welcoming me to the car =] they're so much better than cidadas ;p

which reminds me... the cidadas... wreaked havoc on the trees, but it looks so neat. yeah, someone remind me to take pictures... plus, it's like natural pruning =]


i got to work this morning, and everything's all fine... until i got bored and decided to make origami boxes. my mousepad is a legal pad, but it had writing on the first three pages... i went to rip out the fourth page, and i got a papercut on my pinky. pretty bad for a papercut, but it's still just a papercut. i was sucking on the cut to keep the blood from getting all over everything until i got sick of the taste of blood, and i had to get a tissue... i didn't want the blood on my boxes...

i felt like such a wuss, nursing a papercut with a tissue...


later in the day, lance decided argue with me about electronics... we're missing the charger for the cable testers... and we were talking about buying a replacement converter, so i read the symbol on it and told them what kind we needed... and then chris mentions something about the amperage rating... and i said, "it shouldn't be that high, i doubt it'll be a problem"

so then chris said "yeah, i don't want to get something with too much amperage; i don't want to blow them out." i explained what the rating meant, and lance tried to argue with me that it still mattered because "some devices are designed to draw as much amps as they can"... which is stupid because 1) they would then blow out whatever supply they were plugged into, and 2) that would be a hell of a varistor...

anyway... so i explained that all electronic devices could be represented by a thevenin equivalent, which is a voltage source and a resistor in series... and that the current is inversely perportional to the supply voltage, and as long as the voltage is the same voltage, it's the same current... but we kept arguing until chris yells across the divider "yi-ru... you're cool," because apparently he's never heard a girl talk about electronics before, much less argue about 'em (though i thought he was just trying to shut us up)... and ulyssees says he's never heard anybody argue about electronics...

i suddenly realized what a dork my major's made me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home