Wednesday, May 06, 2009

in which the gods laugh at me...

when i was young, we visited a temple on a trip to taiwan. in this temple, there was some god (or something--i'm not completely clear on this...) who would answer your questions. ask your question, drop two moon-shaped things onto the ground, and the configuration of the things would tell you the answer.

yes, i'm obviously quite clear on how this works... give me a break. it was a very long time ago. i was really young. so young, in fact, that i wasn't completely clear on what was going on while i was doing this.

my mom showed me how to ask the question, then told me to ask a question. confused, i asked what i should ask. my mom replied "what do you want to ask?" still confused, i asked "what do you want to ask?".

my answer? he (the god who answers the questions) was laughing.

finally understanding the situation, i got to try again. i don't remember what i asked.

embarrassed, i never told anybody about the first question...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home