Monday, January 28, 2008

an update, of sorts

matt and i went to colorado in mid-december to visit people and snowboard. i drank the water from the tap. it was delicious.

i know it's somewhat unfair to compare the water in my apartment with that from an area somewhat known for the quality of its water, but the basic idea is that... i do not trust the water coming out of the tap in my apartment. i will credit the water *source* with smelling less of chlorine in the months since i published that post (yay for non-poisonous water!), but i still don't trust the water from my apartment. this is why i have a filter on my kitchen tap.

i compare this to me not wanting to breathe the air directly out of the vents. i'm perfectly happy breathing the air outside my apartment, which is the source of the air for the vent, as far as i know, but the vents themselves infuse the air with black particles, and i prefer to let the particles settle out of the air before i breathe it (of course, sometimes i don't really have that much of a choice). to this end, i've got random homemade contraptions taped over the vents in my apartment.

don't believe me about the crap out of the vents? i can show you a picture of the vent we taped up. we put cling wrap over a vent, and the cling wrap is now home to a hoard of this stuff. just ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home