Tuesday, July 12, 2005

who needs fingertips anyway?

so... yesterday sucked. library server went funny again, and i just couldn't sit there and not do anything about it anymore... so i went to don, and the two of us were troubleshooting... and blech. i was one of those having problems, so i had to remote in (via a local account) to the server and do work remoted in. it was annoying.

stressed all day... keith wanted to see what i had done so far, and just had a part of my entire project that i could use while we waited... but it was ugly, so i made it a little more user-friendly before i sent it along. for some reason, this stressed me...

stuff and along, and i get home... still didn't feel so well (slept all weekend 'cause i just felt blech... and i ate about half of each meal =/ ) waited for forever to start dinner... was still cooking late, when matt came into the kitchen to tell me that chi-chi had chewed on his couch leg (it's wood), and i turned my head as i dropped a mushroom into hot oil... a little too high... and i covered two fingertips in hot oil.

i iced my fingers for the rest of the night. at one point, i couldn't tell if my fingers were killing me because they'd gotten burned or frozen (probably a little of both, seeing as i'd gotten a finger or two frozen to a fresh ice cube two or three times).

i took some painkillers, and then, right before bed, some antihistamine (which makes me go to sleep... i thought if the pain wanted to keep me up, then the antihistamine would counteract that)

fingers barely hurt this morning. it's more feeling funny than painful...

***

so... remember when i said that i iced my fingers for the rest of the night? (for some reason, i had "my life" typed there... yes... i iced my fingers for the rest of my life...) well... i managed to finish cooking dinner with my left hand, but i could not eat with my left hand... so matt had to feed me...

he took waaaaay too much joy in that. "here comes the choo-choo!"

... choo-choo this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home