Tuesday, July 13, 2004

"bonding is good... i love bonding... we should bond more often..."

yeah, so sometimes really random things come out of my mouth. like earlier, when i was the phone with matt. i made a comment about it being really hot upstairs, and matt told me to take an ice bath. without even thinking about it, "but then somebody will take my kidney!" flew out of my mouth. it makes me wonder... does laughing then count as laughing at me, or with me?


i also realized today that i get made fun of a lot. i used to think that it was just because i made fun of myself, and people would join in. but i'm coming to realize that people make fun of me because they know i don't get offended. i was addressed by my name in all caps in chat today, because josh is still stressing that he actually knows my name now.

anyway... so josh invited us (people in chat) to his cube for doritos, and i was the only one that showed up. heh. but... i haven't had doritos in forever, so i had to go. i ate like, half his doritos (super bag), and then he talked me into going to lunch with him and the guys (weymouth, stephen, maseh, mike). yeah, all three of the guys that are leaving on friday (josh, weymouth, mike). i'm kinda depressed about the intern group dispersing =(


when i got back from josh's, the laptop that lance was reformatting was on my seat, so i moved it to the desk (made room my sliding my keyboard out of the way), and... managed to drop the power cord. and the laptop turned off. damn old-ass thinkpad. anyway, since lance was installing windows at the time, that ruined it... so i took it over, until i went to lunch...


i was actually planning on having two lunches, but i wasn't really hungry for my first lunch until after 12 (too many doritos), and we were meeting at 12:40, so i just ended up taking my lunch to mr. hero's. i wish i'd managed to finish my food before we went, 'cause everything seemed so good... and i still had room when i finished my food. oh well, it was fun. lunch, they were just talking like i was one of the guys =] i hate having to establish that, and i hardly had to with them. they just asked a few times if i was getting offended. and they actually believed me when i said no! probably partially because i was participating in some of the conversations... (wow... that was a lot of p words...)


when i got back to the laptop, the damn thing had issues with its ethernet adapter... it took me hours to install the damn thing. it would randomly disappear from the device manager (as well as the pcmcia manager), or it would tell me that the drivers had been installed, and that i needed to restart... and then still have no drivers after restarting. finally, it decided not to start up properly, and i forced it to restart again... it froze halfway through restarting, but it went on and started up fine, with the card installed.

then came the problem of opening ie. when i tried to open ie, it would open up the msn start. it was incredibly annoying. no, i do not want to subscribe to your isp, i'm *inside* the roadrunner building! eventually, i deleted the msn sign up thing off the desktop, and it magically fixed ie. great... i went to work updating and patching after that...

restarted a couple of times after i was done to make sure the issues from earlier had gone away... got the computer back to hieu, and it wouldn't start up anymore. yeah. so i'll have to work on that tomorrow...


i got random compliments in the lab today. it was strange... when i brought the laptop back to the cmtg, hieu wasn't there, but raj was, so he took it from me. he made sure that it was just 98 on the computer (since the request had said 98 and nt)... he called it "just plain ol' vanilla 98," and i added "se..." he said it was great how detail oriented i was (the ctmg modem database was for him). when i came out of the cmtg, jon called for me, just to say hi. then he said that i had a smile that lit up the lab. so random. such a happy comment. i told him that it was probably 'cause i'm like a little kid, though. i seriously skip and bounce around that place. because i like being there. like i said this morning =]


went to damkot about that project he said he had for me, since i had nothing to do. lance was too busy to watch naruto... but damkot said that we don't even have a box for it yet, so probably wouldn't start until thursday-friday. he visits the cube more often now, though. i assume i'll hear something about it ;p


so... z's getting her wisdoms pulled on the 9th. and she's going to the same guy that pulled mine! it took is forever to figure it out, but... yeah, definitely the same guy. too funny.


and alex just told me that he knows linda and steven. went to high school with them. oooh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home