Thursday, June 03, 2004

hey pretty... don't you wanna take a ride with me?

woke up at 7:30 this morning to the sound of michael's voice downstairs. for some reason, i thought it was much later than it actually was, and i was trying to get out of bed... i never really got back to sleep after that; just kinda, half-asleep until 11. started waking myself up around then, and was in the shower by 11:30-ish. matt called while i was in the shower, and didn't seem too happy with me... maybe because i was on the phone with z when he went to bed last night. he didn't give me a chance to get off the phone and call him before he just left, though, so... i don't know...

anyway... when i was getting ready, i got a voicemail message. i didn't get a missed call, just a message. a blank message. so i messaged matt and asked him if he called me, and he said no. he still didn't seem happy with me. but while i was trying to figure this out, my dad called (apparently he was the one that called in the first place), and told me that the package was at the door... so i check, and sure enough, there's this box on our porch. so dad told me to bring the box in and check on the contents...

i bring it in, and i'm looking for a blade to open it up with, and dad calls back, for a few reasons. first of all, hide the headphones. got it. and... there are two remotes... oookay, didn't know that, but that's a check. third... i should be leaving for my interview. it was like an hour before my interview, but... okay? he presses the issue a bit, and i start panicking a bit, 'cause my hair wasn't even dry. so i go running around the house trying to get everything together and get my hair dry, call lance for directions so i can avoid the toll road ('cause the directions i got from the company were for those coming from dc...), and i leave a while later (my hair wasn't completely dry, but i did make a bit of an effort). then, i get there 20 min early. yeah. panicking was worth it.

driving there was kinda fun, though. i hardly ever get to drive anymore. not that i really drove that much in the first place, but... yeah... and, plus, the odyssey's a lot more fun now that i'm not afraid of it. sure, it's big, but... not so big that it's awkward. and it's a lot easier to park than i expected. not the ideal vehicle, but i'll take it over nothing. well, i'd take it over a lot of other things, too.

i ran into dan's dad in the lobby, and he seemed really surprised to see me. he thought i had graduated, and was there for an interview for a real job. hmm... yeah, not quite yet. even farther off if i continue as i am (with *two* majors... ugh... i wish i could figure myself out...). so... yeah, apparently he knows keith as well, and wanted to go talk me up or something... if people keep talking me up, i'm not going to live up to the hype. i can't live up to hype as it is...

anyway, he goes off and heather shows up to walk me up to keith's office. the interview was really short, and then he took me on a tour of the lab... kinda fun, kinda exciting... a bit messier than i expected. so we finish up with that, and we go talk to lance (the other intern had gone home to burn a cd for the boss-man... yeah...). keith was talking as if i was on orientation "you'll be...," "you'll have..." we'll see how this goes. i'm supposed to hear back by monday. <crosses fingers>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home